Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cafes and Cornettos

Hey everyone! Today marks day two of us being in Roma, Italia—and what a day it was! I started out the day by taking a stroll down to a little cafe called Cafe Camerino :) As soon as I walked in I noticed the array of beautiful little pastries in the glass cases, as well as the people going to and fro from the cafe bar. Apparently many Italians have a simple breakfast of a pastry, called a "Cornetto" and an espresso or cappuccino. I decided to order two pastries and a cappucino and this is what I got :)

un cappuccino e due cornetti
I got all of this for about 2.80 Euros, which is about $4. It was so delicious! Here are some more pictures of the cakes and pastries at the cafe:

so many goodies!

sugar crusted fruit tart

cappuccino dregs :)

Afterwards, I stopped by a little grocery mart and bought some vegis, noodles, sauce for dinner and some brie, grapes and a baguette for a snack :)


About an hour later  Isaac, Camy and I went to the same cafe again cause I wanted to show it to them. They are a cute couple <3 

Ciao mi bellas! till next time!



2 comments:

  1. What a great find - and the pastries look delicious! Do you have the ability to cook in your dorm, like boil pasta? Seems like you're smack dab in the middle of a great neighborhood. When do classes start?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey aunt martha! yes! we do have the ability to cook in our dorm! we have a nice kitchen, fridge, oven, etc... today camy and I made pesto gnocchi for a quick dinner :) tomorrow I'm going to an open market to check if they have those fresh foods italy is famous for :P. Classes start next Monday!

    ReplyDelete