Sunday, September 23, 2012

La Via Dell'Amore: The Trail of LOVE



This was one of my many favorite memories of Cinque Terre— La Via Dell’Amore: from Riomaggiore to Manarola.

It is a place of love. You can just FEEL it. Love is expressed in almost every language. Names of couples carved into everything & anything on the path, from rocks, to plants, to walls, to the benches. 

It was cute to see all the names of the couples that were dated from decades ago still ingrained in this path. I wondered if they were still together. I hope so! 

Cinque Terre, meaning "5 lands" are separated and you can go to each of the different lands via hiking, taking a ferry or taking a tram. 

We took a ferry from Vernazza to Monterossa & tram to get to the other terre, but from Riomaggiore to Manarola we decided to "hike." 



But this path in particular was a leisure stroll. That's why i LOVED it! I was not looking forward to the other intense hikes. But I hear it is a must do since there is a beautiful view from the top~ 

During this hike, Isaac & I wrote our names; as well as Alan & Kaori and Su-Won & Kaneko. Hopefully when we come back decades later, it will still be there! :D

 -Camy 

1 comment: